• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Returning Headrush With Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

neverstop

Bluelighter
So I started smoking cigarettes about a year and a half ago. I have never been an avid smoker, a pack will usually last me 4-15 days and that rate has been pretty much constant this whole time. When I first started smoking them I, just like everybody else, would get a nice headrush when I dragged them. Then of course this went away...until about a month ago. Now when I smoke them I get a mild headrush every time and on some occasions it becomes very intense (hookah like)like the ones I experienced a year and a half ago. I don't mind them, I have had to deal with far worse side effects in my time, but I do want to make sure that this isn't indicative of some larger problem, most likely one that is cardiovascular in nature. Any thoughts?

Id guess that your immune system or whatever it is that handles nicotine is a little bit weakened by something like lack of sleep, bad diet etc.

I was always under the impression that the head rush was the nicotine high. I'll smoke sometimes when I drink and I always get a head rush if it's been a while since last I smoked. Maybe you're spacing them out enough that you aren't building a tolerance to nicotine? Do you smoke the same number of cigarettes in a day or load it in to a few days then take some time off? Are you still smoking the same brand? Maybe they've reformulated and changed their nicotine content or added a new/different additive?

Maybe your body is telling you that ingesting a deadly poison everyday isn't that healthy.

Maybe your body is telling you that ingesting a deadly poison everyday isn't that healthy.

well yes but lots of people ingest this deadly poison everyday and don't report the effects that I do so I'm wondering if that means that my body is especially weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.